RockIT are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In the event that you provide information through our website this policy sets out the basis it will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY GATHER
We may collect the following information from you:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and or/offers
This could be collected through:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.rockit.com/ (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by adapt and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION GATHERED
We use the information gathered about you in a variety of ways:
- To keep our internal record keeping up to date
- To improve our products and services
- To periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers of other information which we think you may find interesting, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our service.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION GATHERED
We are committed to keeping your information secure. We take reasonable steps to protect data from unauthorised access or disclosure by implementing suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are transferred to you browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. You can manage these small files yourself using the help available with the browser you are using to access the Internet. Typically you can find these settings in the Tools or Options tab of your browser, under the heading ‘Privacy’.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter.
First party cookies: these are our own cookies with our domain name.
When you visit rockit.com, we may place a number of cookies in your browser. Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, and some cookies will always be used. You can find out more about each cookie by viewing our current cookie list. We update this list quarterly, so there may be additional cookies that aren’t yet listed.
Each cookie serves one of four different purposes:
1. Essential cookies
These first party cookies allow you to use a feature of rockit.com, such as:
- Staying logged in
2. Analytics cookies
These cookies track information about how rockit.com is being used so that we can make improvements and report our performance. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them. Analytics cookies may either be first party cookies or third party cookies.
3. Preference Cookies
These first party cookies store your rockit.com preferences, such as:
- Language preference
4. Ad targeting cookies
These third party cookies are placed by advertising platforms or networks in order to:
- Deliver ads and track ad performance
- Enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities (this is sometimes called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising)
Third party cookies: these are cookies using a third party domain name.
We do not use any third party cookies.
LINKS TO OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
RockIT is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party sites linked to from our site, such as partners, customers and social networking services.
You have the right to request that we do not use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can click the box that to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1988 gives you the right to access information held about you by us. A small fee is payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: RockIT, 27-28 Old Field Road, Bocam Park, Pencoed, CF35 5LJ.
This policy was last updated: August 2015